First, we'd like to thank all of those that continue to support I Am Black Business. Our team is still hard at work building out our best of breed platform for discovering great black owned businesses. With that said, our platform is still heavily reliant upon the community in three ways:
- Using the website and mobile app to discover great black owned businesses
- Adding black owned businesses to the directory
- Reporting businesses in the directory that are not black owned
Even with our premium offerings, we currently still offer free listings to ensure maximum coverage; however, that leads to non black owned listings in the directory. Moving forward, we want to engage the community more so we have some questions that'd we like to ask. You can answer the survey at https://goo.gl/forms/vXHXkN0IwBOXLKSO2.
- Should IABB remove our free listing option and replace it with a nominal yearly access fee (no more than $25/year)?
- Should IABB charge a small fee to consumers to use the mobile app ($0.99 or $1.99)?